Taking the Gospel to the World through Missions
“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19,20) This is the Great Commission of Jesus Christ. Our mission as a church is to be a part of winning our neighborhood and the world to Jesus Christ.
From the beginning, Northwest Bible Church has embraced its mission as a sending and a supporting church of world missions. Several families have been set apart and sent out as missionaries:
- Greg and Shari Lewis work with United Indian Mission in Arizona.
- Doug Mather worked for many years as a missionary with KCAM.
- Bob and Debbie Reinsch were sent to work with church plants in several states with Village Missions.
- Jolene Hurley is with a church planting team in Slovenia with Avant.
Northwest Bible Church supports missionaries in eleven countries on five continents.
Faith Promise Giving
We partner with missionary work through our giving
From the New Testament times, local churches have stood with missionaries through prayer and financial support. Paul called it “participation in the gospel” (Philippians 1:5). We support organizations called Faith Missions. What this means is that the individual missionaries volunteer to go to the mission field with the support of local churches. They go on faith. Faith Missions are trusting God to use His people to provide all their support to go. Mission work just does not happen without the support of local churches and Christian people.
We get behind missions at NWBC! 100% of the money goes to missionaries when you designate missions on your offering check. We do not take any part of it out. Our missions team is dedicated to seeing that our missionaries are cared for. You can give several ways:
- Get involved with a particular missionary family. We encourage you to write them and tell them you are giving to them through NWBC and develop a relationship with them. Make a commitment to the Lord to give a set amount each month, as He leads you.
- Write “missions” on your check. This provides support to the missions program. Your donation is divided between seven missionary families to whom we have a commitment.
- Give to the Missionary of the Quarter. The missions team chooses four families or projects each year for 13 weeks each. Many give small amounts each week.
NWBC – Missionaries